View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2015, 05:39 AM   #3
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I often find dealers play pretty firm with prices on bikes until they have the new models on the showroom floor and typically for a few weeks after they have them on the floor typically Selling the last year model slightly cheaper during that time span. After awhile though (2 months?) if the last year models are not moving they typically give them a big price cut on the sticker and will negotiate even further from there. JME

But anyway, every dealer is different so don't just expect a particular dealer to cut $1k off the price because you think that is a reasonable deal. For all you know that particular dealer has no problems selling bikes at the prices they are asking despite them being "high" and if that is the case they have no reason to negotiate with you, they will sell the bike sooner or later, no biggie.

Same goes for more rare, unique models, colors ect... Doesn't matter if it is a POS bike that next to no one wants, if they have the only more desirable Red and black colored one within 500 miles they will be more firm with the price.

So yeah, new models are coming out and can lessen value of older models but at the same time if the old model was a good selling bike it could also mean that they and certain colors are in short supply so again, more firm on selling price.

like most things, its about supply and demand, knowing the product and the seller are half the battle

the best advice I have is don't be afraid to walk and don't wait to long to do it. If you linger and put up with the sales persons games and show that you are upset the whole time but still don't leave.... they know they have you

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.