Old November 9th, 2017, 12:31 PM   #87
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
Research as much information as you can about the company. Who founded it, when, where. It flatters the S__T out of a prospective employer and makes you look really smart (which I know you are). Know how many people are on the payroll and their target market. Find out the president/C.E.O.s name. Do they have a board of directors and yada, yada yada. Check them out on the Better Business Bureau. Don't wear a pair of jeans and a motocross shirt. Dress to kill, look like executive material. DO NOT wear anything provocative. If you present them with a resume print it on 32lb. parchment paper with a matching cover (go to Staples).

Knock em' dead.

Bill
Thanks. The company is only one year old. I'll do the research about it, all I know so far is they sell Beta, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, and used bikes and 4-wheelers. I'm super interested in Beta and their innovative technology and I really want to buy a Beta (should I tell them that?) but I also have a long standing loyalty to Kawasaki and honestly I think it will show that I love all bikes and am super passionate about working in the industry, ESPECIALLY with these brands...

I was debating wearing jeans and a blazer or something as I honestly don't have business type clothes but I guess if I want a job in the finance department I should show up wearing something super official. I will bring my resume for sure.

The 10 mins I've done about finance departments at dealerships has me convinced that if I'm going to work at a dealership, this is the job to get...
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote