View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2016, 06:41 PM   #187
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I wish I could get that many runs in to test. It is sometimes ok and sometimes not. The problem with O2 sensors is the sensors are expensive and fragile. On the last run that was the problem, or at least one of the problems. I was at 1100 on the left side and it hit 1700 on the right. I could not see the EGT because of a fogged up visor. It looked like 1100 on both. That was before I hit the nitrous. Really lean on the right side for sure. Then a nitrous shot ended the day. Not the nitrous fault. I heated the bottle to a higher pressure that I was tuned for because I usually have a long wait at the start line. But I only waited seconds and had to go as soon as I got to the line. So cold engine and cold air . Lean mixture over heated the combustion temp then a lean nitrous shot took off the plug tip. Game over.

But now I am confident I can work around all of this with just a little tuning. First j need to sort out the irregular EGT. Second I am going to tune for a low bottle pressure. Like 700-750 . Rather than 900-950. That will make the starting line less of a problem.

My new plan is a bit ratical. I am adding headlights and brake lights to the bike. Yes Project X is going on the street. Riding every day for a week will help me sort out the carb. If I can get the bike to just go down the highway at 75 mph for a couple miles. Then going 100 plus will be easy. From there adding 25-30 mph with nitrous will be a snap. The dyno is not really helpful and it is expensive.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.