View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2016, 07:22 AM   #190
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I believe you are correct about the open carbs. I have always had a problem with one side or the other. I think I will build an air box. My current setup leaves little room for air filters but I will come up with something.

As for O2 sensors. I just don't want to do it. I would need the sensors and the gauges. I tried them before and nitrous caused them to clog.

I definitely need surface plugs. I currently use a home made side gap plug that worked well. The surface gap plugs used to cost 90 dollars each. That's a lot when you need a case of ten.

Street riding the bike is going to pay off. My original orange bike is now completely sorted out . No nitrous no fairing and I can break any open record ever set. It is faster than most fairing bikes at 109mph. The blue Project X bike should be able to go 115 on the new engine. Then I only need ten mph more with nitrous. My problem since Maxton closed. Is I only get four passes at one or two events a year. That gives me no chance to tune and test. At maxton I could make twelve passes a day.

Now that Ohio is closed. I am looking at one event a year. 3000 miles of driving is hardly worth four miles of racing.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.