View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2019, 08:27 AM   #2289
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Glad you're okay. I've been wearing only a helmet and gloves, some of my friends wear knee pads and/or elbow pads.

I'm thinking about it, but I've been doing really well riding a little more intelligently. Also I've been lucky.
I kinda did a little reading on what to wear early on and got some pretty mixed bag answers. I tend to do more XC/Trail work vs Trail/Enduro/Down and most people that do XC said, ahh you don't need elbow/knee pads.

Well as I have gotten more and more comfortable, I have gotten faster and faster. I have been attacking more of the black diamond stuff and getting used to more difficult terrain. This off happened on an easier section of trail but this time I needed elbow and knee pads as the speed I was carrying and the aggressive attitude I had to the trail was much higher.

Do you need pads? Depends on how you are going to ride. I rode this section of trail 20 times before and did not need the pads then. But I also didn't make the mistake. Should the mistake I made have happened - no it was avoidable. But as we tend to do from time to time we get excited and adrenaline rushes as we push our comfort zone and mistakes become more likely.

This time I needed some more protection and didn't have it.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote