View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:43 PM   #130
YamiLionheart
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
It looks like my biggest advantage is that I'm literally a 95 lb girl -- less energy to disperse, less of me to get caught on the bike/car/whatever. If I were heavier I would probably have been hurt more.

Oh, and since it's fun news -- the doc said my hand-eye-coordination was the best he's ever seen, not even just for someone who had been in a motorcycle wreck Looks like my lifetime of gymnastics and video games has paid off for something!
I heard a story of a heavier rider (350+ lbs) who got into a nasty accident and was told by a doctor that the reason he didn't break any ribs or have serious injury to his internal organs from the type of fall he had was because he had such a good layer of "cushioning" on his abdomen it dispersed the force of impact!

Guess the weight advantage can go either way depending on the type of crash your in

And as far as the video games are concerned, play some Extreme-g 3 and hone those reaction times further! If you can race bikes that break the sound barrier, you should be able to handle a new 250 or 300 no problem
YamiLionheart is offline   Reply With Quote