View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #26
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
+1. that is probably where he is talking about. kunia road is pretty much one long straight road.

snake road in waialua heading towards kaena point is pretty dangerous. it is one lane going and one lane coming. even if you perfectly take the turns, it doesn't mean that the oncoming car will do the same. still, it is a popular stretch of road with the bikers and car enthusiasts.

kind of eerie because as you go down the road, you can see make-shift memorials of where people have died.

edit: actually, oahu doesn't have any really good roads to ride. there isn't much to snake road. i think the best is tantalus/round top, but that too is pretty dangerous.

If you are military, there is always Kolekole pass, twisty but not very long. My bike was highsided by the previous owner on that road so watch out. The back side to the Naval magazine I have never ridden on, drove a few times, and it has some twist in it also. I rode tantalus/round top once with sound wave and had a blast, although I did it slow and ticked off the people behind me, but they go over it.

nb