View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:11 PM   #18
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
How were the ergos on the 600 as compared to your 250? I can't imagine that bent over position can be comfortable for very long. Too bad Kawasaki never seems to do these demos in the Mid-Atlantic area.
The ergos are this are definitely super sport.. the tank itself is wider,flatter, and lower than the 250R, and it's a bit concave so you have room to really get your head low on the tank. the handlebars are obviously lower too than the 250R, and compared to our bikes, the angle at which they point diagonal toward the ground is greater, where as the 250R's bars seems be more parallel to the ground.
all this basically means you'll be bending down more and having your head closer to the tank. while I was riding, I definitely thought to myself that this would not be comfortable for a long trip, but a day's ride in the twisties or track would be a-ok with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Too bad they didn't take you out on the track.
I got to ride the track for 2 laps at lunch time, but on my 250R. We were all supposed to do 3 laps, but 3 riders went down in turn 1 in the 2nd lap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburonsita View Post
Sweeeet - I can feel your excitement
Your jacket rocks btw.
Thanks! I like it too hehe
and it was jitters and excitement at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
Hey there, I went to the same thing on Saturday and rode the 650R and the hubby rode the Concours 14. We had a blast! I loved the bike!
Yeah I rode the ER-6n.. basically the same bike but more nekkid. I actually didn't like the riding position or styling. the power was nice tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
I love that helmet....nice gear, looks like you had a lot of fun.
Thanks as well. yeah, I just got it and it's cool because some of the Kawi racers had the Hopkins helmet too on the track. I got to pick one up on accident and felt it kinda wet with sweat. I realized that they were the racers' helmets after I asked the Arai guy what he was doing with them (prepping them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
I'm really surprised they would let that one guy go on a demo ride without a jacket. I've been on a couple of demo rides here, and if you don't have half-decent riding gear, you don't ride, period.
Not sure why either. They only said that you had to have a helmet, gloves, closed footwear, and pants.
It'd be nice if the wasn't riding near me on the demo
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote