View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2016, 11:54 AM   #6
HoneyBadgerRy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250, 04 KTM 625 SMC, 01 Xc250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
New have a few options. One of the most fun cars I drove was a standard Civic EX. No turbo. It wasn't fast, but the thing was fun. All that HP fades away once you make your way to an Auto-X course. I blew away Mustangs, even only coming second to a Civic Si by a mere two seconds (on a fast course too. I was practically stock, he had intake, exhaust, full suspension, super grippy road tires).

Civic
Miata
350/370Z
Mazdaspeed 3
Mazdaspeed Miata
Ford Focus
Ford Fiesta
Integra
Golf GTI
S2K
240ZX
Evo
WRX
WRX STi
Impreza RS

It all really depends on the build you want. Do you want pure handling? More HP? Or a balance?

The Z is a great balanced car, but is heavy. Anything FWD is a pain at higher horsepower levels. Not to mention torque-steer is a nightmare at higher power levels unless you have a brilliant LSD. Also understeer and constantly overloaded front tires (understeer + braking + power).

I'd go RWD or AWD personally, but that is me. I'm kind of done with FWD. Unless I wanted a nice NA setup (like Spoon Civic).

I knew plenty who raced S2K's, but they are harder to find these days for cheap.

I think you'd really enjoy an old Subaru RS. It was N/A, but they were light, crazy grippy, and fun. If you desire handling and more power, maybe an older Subie WRX, unless you wanted a 6-spd, then STi. Evo's are nice too, but Subies are known for being easy to wrench on.

Tons of options out there.
I would want a balance, more on the handling side. I think I would stick to RWD, but I don't have any AWD tuner experience. I really could go anyway, but a FWD would have the tire overloading limits. More important that how fast the car is to me, is making it mine (doing the suspension, and a few motor mods myself).