Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
..........I applied my poor emergency braking technique as best as I poorly could and stopped an inch away from that French bumper! Too close for comfort........
Old pilots say, "Any landing you walk away from is a good landing."

Paraphrasing that, I would say that any evasive maneuver you ride away from is a well executed maneuver.

Well done, Akima; riding alert always puts things on your favor, .......with or without steel brake lines.

1) Butt as aft as possible, knees clamping the tank hard, torso and arms relaxed, head up, eyes looking far away, balance sense in red alert.

2) Apply rear brake hard to initiate a quick weight transfer while gently squeezing the front lever, ..........feel the g-force yet?..........pull that front lever hard (but ready for a quick release and re-application if the front tire skids and you lose steering) while releasing pressure on rear lever (partially or fully (my personal preference)).

3) Slowdown as you keep your posture, vision and balance (the rear may want to fishtail some) and while you downshift (optional but much recommended), .....feel that front suspension hitting the tops?

Practice at least 20 minutes each week !!!
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote