View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2016, 08:37 AM   #21
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Front wheel first

After removing the front wheel and the speedometer drive . I find a nice flat serface. Like a work bench or even a piece of plywood on the floor.

Lay the wheel on its side. Brake disc up.
Then carefully remove the dust seals. I use a screw driver and use a twisting action and go around and pry the seal out. It would be easyer to replace the seals. But that is not always an option. First clean everything and get the screwdriver under the actual lip of the seal.

Once the seal is out. Wipe out the grease and you will see a snap ring. This is next. Sometimes they can be stuck. A punch and hammer can be used to carefully dislodge the ring . Put the point in the snap ring hole and gently tap it until you see it spring back. Then use snap ring plyers to remove
Next use a rod to knock out the bearings. The rod I use is 3/8 in diameter and slightly mushroomed. The mushroomed part is what I use to get the edge of the bearing. You put the rod through the upper bearing on the brake disc side. Slide it in at an angle . You will feel the lip of the bearing. Then tap the bearing out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (77.8 KB, 5 views)