View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2018, 09:37 PM   #17
ninjala
ninjette.org member

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjala View Post
I got accident last month when I rode my Ninja on 105 freeway. I was lane splitting between carpool lane and right 1st lane. The traffic was very slow for all lanes. My speed is about 35-40 mph. A shuttle van on the carpool lane suddenly changed lane, crossed the double solid lanes and caused me to fall immediately. My bike didn't hit the van. I suffered shoulder injury and was sent to emergency room. Fortunately no bone fracture. I was fully protected by the gears. The van driver denied that he changed lane. I am still waiting for police report.

I am not sure if I will ride motorcycle again. But if I do, I will definitely use a video camera during riding. In case I got accident again, I can get direct evidence.

The reason that the shuttle van driver wants to change lane is that there was firework truck stopped and blocked the carpool lane in front (maybe 100 feet away). The right first lane became wide open at the time when the van changed lane.

If I had moved to the right 1st lane earlier , I would have avoided the accident.
ninjala is offline   Reply With Quote