View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2016, 08:31 PM   #7296
wendyjboss
wendyjboss

Name: wendyjboss

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Honda CBR 500RF (On its way), 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostt View Post
Wasn't ment for you.

But you might want to check the safety switches, it shouldn't have started if they were all working, here's some homework for you.

Also how hard was it dropped? Was it a quick drop? Or slow motion trying to save it drop?

Not for nothing, and take no offense, but does the neutral light work?

And most important don't sweat it, everyone has done it, just learn from it, and go on and enjoy the bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostt View Post
Nice, but Pregen is a bit different, you'd have to do that to the oil filter bolt.

Also racers do this, sometimes due to the racing rules depending on association, and/or track.

I had the specialty tool years ago that made safety wiring easier.
Thanks for the links Ghostt ... the neutral light does work, and usually if I have the Ninja in gear when the side stand is down, any forward motion will cause it to stall. I did not realize that it's not supposed to start at all in first. It was definitely slow mo ... I tried to catch it, but it bucked like a baby bronc and dropped despite my best efforts. Caught me by surprise.

I took it as a clue that as the day was waning, so was I, and so I stayed home (that and I couldn't get it off the ground until my friend arrived about an hour later).

D'oh. I'm going to run through those steps tomorrow to figure out what went wrong. As I said above, I wasn't my sharpest, so I may have started my old scooter when it was really my Ninja in front of me.

Last futzed with by wendyjboss; June 1st, 2016 at 08:34 PM. Reason: clarification added
wendyjboss is offline   Reply With Quote