Old June 2nd, 2016, 03:02 AM   #31
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity360 View Post
I thought a job with 401k, amazing medical and dental and a company that pays for your tuitions was a little more important than "hey uhh I have this thing I have to do on a Friday night, so I can't train that day you want me to, cause ya know, my motorcycle class is more important than this amazing job." Yeah I could have brought it up during the interview, but wouldn't that have looked bad? I mean this is a really good company. They could replace me in a second.
It wouldn't have looked bad. I've been in many different types of jobs and in my experience, as long as you tell them up front they are cool. Some were concert tickets that had been bought months in advance, others were for more important things. You could have gone along the lines of "I thank you so much for offering me this position. However, I do have a class that I had to sign up for months in advance to get into and it's non refundable. It falls on these hours that you have me training. Would we be able to work around that?"

If after that they said "no" I would have to think about accepting the offer, but that's just me.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote