sparklenation
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninjette ex 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Hello Carol and welcome.

To get back on topic...

Just remember when you look for technical posts about your bike that any Ninja 250 between 1986-2007 (Pregen) will be pretty close to what your bike will be like. So, you may want to search for "pregen" or even "2007 Ninja 250" to get bikes that may be similar to yours.

Concerning how to start to learn to fix your own bike, start small, like you did with the oil change. Great start! Then start to take the plastic pieces off of your bike, see what is underneath and learn to replace it. Don't be afraid to make some mistakes. There are lots of great people around here to help you figure out what you did wrong.

I suggest that you start to take pieces off and clean or lube them if required and then put them back on. Make your bike fit your personality. Make it yours and understand how it works. Personally, I like to take anything off that I feel is not necessary, like too much plastic, passenger pegs, original air box, etc.

A bike that old will have a lot of cracked, dried out or missing hoses. Learn where they go and replace them as time requires. Learn how the carbs work and how to get to them so you can fix, clean, adjust or modify them.

Enjoy it! Take your time and be brave! Learn to fix issues without running to an expensive bike shop for everything. Use this old bike as a jigsaw puzzle all your own.

Enjoy! See you around a lot I hope.

Peace

Awww I love this idea here. Yep I think I might have decided. Not sure yet