Old September 28th, 2016, 06:24 PM   #20
sparklenation
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninjette ex 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Technical tip:

If the exhaust is an after market, then check to see if your bike has the original plastic air box or does it have an after market "pod" type air filter.

When the air box and/or the exhaust has been changed, to get the bike to run right, the carb jets need to be changed for the bike to ride right. Your carb main jets may not have been changed when the exhaust was added.

First thing to do is to see what kind of air filter your bike has. (To do that remove the seat.)

Don't worry about the carb jets yet. Just see what mods the bike has first.
Omg so much good advice here. I will do that tonight when my son and I return from Kung fu. ( him not me)

Funny about my bikes color scheme; I wish I could take credit for it but I bought it that way. I love pink and quite honestly that is why I bought it. ( I know I have heard it all, but truth be told, that is why)

The girl I bought it from was very dedicated to her painting. She did it with a brush! Yes a brush. Additionally, there is not a part on the bike that was not painted with a brush. Go ahead name the part, I bet it was painted. All the way down to the little window holes where I look for fluids. Yes for real.

After learning a bit more about these bikes and seeing how inexpensive graphic kits are and stuff I have to wonder why in the world would anybody spend what had to be 100 + hours and at least 9 coats of paint when some stickers would have done the same.

Anyway her decision, so be it. The window holes are now visible to see fluids in and as I proceed through the bike I will be dealing with the paint. But it is pink and that makes it beautiful to me.