View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2016, 02:06 PM   #5
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
At 20 years old I had been in the US Army for 2 years. I bought my first house (a 3 bedroom condo) shortly before turning 20. I stayed in for 6 1/2 years. Got a skill and a security clearance that led to my Government Contracting job that I have been doing for 28 years now.

I have 4 kids, one went to an out of state college on an athletic scholarship, has graduated, and is employed. Second one went to community college for 3 years to get his associates degree, has transferred to a state school and will graduate this spring. Third one did a year and a half at community college and decided it wasn't for him. He followed in my foot steps and is in the Army. Fourth one is still in high school.

But one thing all of them have in common. I was and still am adamant that they will not work a part time job and live in my house after graduating high school. I'll support them as much as possible as long as they are working towards a degree or some sort of technical education. But if they are out of school, they can go to the school of hard knocks. That's the main reason #3 went into the Army.

So my advice would be to start visiting some recruiters.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.