View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2016, 07:06 PM   #15
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
I was working part-time at a minimum wage job and going to school full-time when I joined the Army National Guard. I turned 20 during basic training. Because it's the National Guard, I was back home and in school before I turned 21. Been alternating between being on active duty orders and being home in school and working part-time (at a better job) since then. Still finishing up my B.S. in Engineering but I've also had some unique and interesting experiences along the way.

Going active duty is a better choice if you want the GI Bill to go to school. Out of my many years of National Guard service, only the year I was deployed counted toward Post 9/11 GI Bill eligibility, which means I don't have the full education benefits.

Could I have take a "better" path? Perhaps, but that depends on the destination. I think the most important thing is to set goals for your life and find a way to work towards them. I'm happy with where I am, where I've been, and where I'm headed so that's all that matters to me.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.