View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2016, 07:47 PM   #16
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
I used to live with my parents up until i was married. Had to move out since my wife's workplace is closer that way. Living with parents is not a bad thing. They are getting older as you can take care of them at this age. It's living and sucking their money out is the problem. Be good to them while they are still around. You would not know when will be the time when you shed your tears and feeling how much you missed them when they have left us forever.

I was a jerk when I was 20. And sometimes still am.

Having a thought on what you have and where you are staying is a sign of maturity. You are matured enough if you decided to look at yourself and evaluate.

If one job is paying you low, get two jobs. If two jobs still low, get three jobs. My previous "working" hours were from 0830 hrs to 1730 hrs and continued to 1830 hrs to 0030 hrs and after that I had to ride around 30 mins to get back home. I was broke, had too many debts which I can handle.

I had three credit cards (which were maxed out), one bike loan and one personal financing loan. Every month I earned around 100 dollars for fuel and food, after deductions for all those debts. My solution is to get another job.

I worked in a diner, earning around 5 dollars a day, with dinner provided. I got lucky since in Malaysia the gas price is lower, around 1 dollar for two litres. So you could imagine i work office hours and extended to 12 midnight since my financial management sucks bigtime. The money earned from my main salary is given fully to my parents and my daily expenses would be from my hours working in that diner.

If you can get the best out of having the bike owned (to travel to work and stuffs), keep it and do extra work at this moment. You will not be burdened with all this for eterniry, and this is only for temporary. You will get hired in a new place which will pay better, if you look hard enough.

If you can't get the best out of having the bike, then let it go. There is always another time and another place for another bike. I can guarantee you that it will be better than today.