View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2016, 08:34 AM   #31
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uglybastard View Post
I was a student at the university and in the Marine Corps Reserve so that brought in a little money. I'd sometimes get active duty orders and that helped as well, but then my unit got it's funding cut and i couldn't get active duty orders anymore. around those years i also worked in a bank, did some construction, drove a taxi, worked fast food, learned to weld and made iron gates, did brake jobs and mechanical work for people around the hood, cut grass, cut hair, sold drugs on the street when things got really bad, and eventually graduated and became an engineer. whew, it's been a long road getting here! sometimes i couldn't make ends meet and i'd go hungry for a couple of days, which sucked more when I'd hear my classmates talking about how they were partying every weekend. Now I'm living like...
I feel that Engineering is a solid choice for a career. Of my 3 kids, 2 are studying to become Engineers. The third is talking about the Marine Corps.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote