View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2016, 10:46 AM   #33
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
I see a lot of posts talking about how one shouldn't be ashamed to stay living with their parents and that there isn't anything wrong with it....

I don't know, I'm 35 and when I was 20 you were pretty much considered a loser if you still lived with your parents at that age or older.

I found a roommate and moved out as soon as I turned 18. Before that, my parents had forced me into college right out of high school, no break at all. I dropped out after one semester. I found out real quick that work paid the bills not school. A girl I worked with needed a roomie so I went for it. I worked two jobs (full time stock at Publix and part time at a horse farm) to pay the bills. Times were hard at first, things like trading cars because one of us had more gas to get to the other's job and such, and scrounging free food off a friend who worked at Denny's. No matter how bad it got, I never went back. Come to find out my mom and her co-workers had a running bet on how long it would be before I came crawling back. Not me. I relished the life experience. I ended up in a nice apartment on my own with a brand new truck and the pride that came from seeing what all my hard work had earned me.

edit: just to clarify, not calling OP a loser for living at home, was just stating that's how most people looked at others that did that when I was that age. Me personally, I think it's better to get out and experience life, but to each their own.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote