View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2016, 07:51 AM   #7679
sp3ak
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250

A couple weeks ago I installed my Ram mount and yesterday installed my cigarette lighter adapter in case I need to give the phone a boost while navigating.

I attempted to install the Ram mount on the left handlebar but couldn't get the clutch lever shifted over enough for the bar mount. I also didn't realize how long the arm was on the mount and how high up it would sit. I decided to "get creative" and the mount ended up fitting perfectly on the handlebar riser (is that what it's called?) and is now almost centered up. It doesn't look like it in the picture but the way the X-Grips work the phone sits straight up and down, not tilted one direction. The little blue bit you see on the left is a rubber/silicone wrist band as I didn't want to scratch anything up.

The cigarette lighter is supposed to have a little door on it but during some test-fitting and moving the bars back and forth to check clearance I had the door open and it snapped off. Oh well, it was only $3 It's just secured to the ignition with velcro in case I need to move it, remove it, etc. I'm also trying to make sure I don't do much to the bike that can't be removed as I don't plan on keeping this bike forever.
sp3ak is offline   Reply With Quote