View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2021, 10:43 PM   #37
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Genesis View Post
...So then I tested to the starter button. I got 12.74 on all of the wires except two. But neither ran to the kill switch or starter button. I believe they were grounds or the two that plug under the switch on the handle bar?
What colours are these two wires? There's no grounds on right-side controls, just one power-circuit with switches in series. You need to turn ON kill-switch to get power coming out of it. Then this power goes into start-button. Then press ON start-button to measure power leaving it. That's OK, don't have to measure if starter runs when you push start-button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Genesis View Post
After that I connected my little switch apparatus. Still got 12.74 volts on the end of the switch for all the wires that were connected. I remembered you mentioned there should be a voltage difference between the grey and the rest of the wires. There was not. So with all that being said. I basically have voltage through out the whole bike. At least to the starter motor, junction box, ignition pigtail (outlet and inlet) and to the kill switch/starter button.
Good, all ignition-switch terminals having power at harness connector with key/switch ON is correct.

However, grey-wire having same voltage can mean other end at IC-ignitor connector is not connected.

1. measure continuity/resistance between grey-terminal at your switch and grey-terminal at IC-ignitor connector. Is this continuous circuit?

2. pre-1995 ignitors didn't use grey security wire. What's part# on your ignitor?
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote