View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2023, 01:30 AM   #20
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thank you for that ! seems it's a bit more complicated than I gave it credit !
seems like every manufacturer has their own version of "what is best" and all of them fall short or what is needed. LOL
the smart way to do it in my mind would be like the diesel locomotives sense the 1950's a big diesel motor hooked to a monster DC generator that directly powers DC electric motors that turn the wheels.... many advantages to this way of doing things include a constant RPM for the Diesel motor no throttling up or down.... a constant speed allows the fuel system to be fine tuned for the best fuel mileage........ and no batteries are needed they use the electric energy provided by the huge generator directly.... if a little is needed a little is taken... if alot is needed alot is taken....
it's a great setup and has been in use for decades and the fuel mileage is fantastic...
I have no idea what they would call that kind of system or it's possible uses for Automotive use but if it works for trains it should work for Cars !
Bob...........