View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2023, 07:49 PM   #24
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yes I agree but the manifacturer of that BMW missed the mark by a long shot !
I'm not denieing that a car that would do what I say wouldn't be expensive.... already cars cost as much as airplanes do ! but it can be done..... they just haven't done it right yet !
lets say we take a Tesla a good established model that works the best.... hook a small trailer to it with a decent size generator on it.... and just fire up the generator when the batteries are 1/4 down..... it's not rocket science but people are waiting for the manifacturers to come up with the Holey grail but they always look at the bottom line
and are not looking for the perfect car they want the best selling car.... there is a big difference.
the problem with the senerio that I just made with the Tesla towing the generator is the generator is going to cost you more in gasoline than a normal car would.... you know that already..... the problem isn't the electric car, the problem is charging it.
the idea of charging it at home after work is a great one..... but what about trips ?
having to find a charging station and then waiting an hour or 2 just to charge is silly
so tow your generator with you.....
the generator can be made to sip gas not guzzle it but they haven't been forced to change yet... so they haven't
Around 50mpg is the max we will ever see until other technology takes hold and they will fight it to the grave.... the oil companies have bought up all pattents that get over 200mpg in the last 60 years because they want to sell gas ! if people use less that is bad for them.... Yes the added weight of all the safety B.S. does cause problems
you can't expect to get 100MPG out of a 2000lb car without doing something extraordinary! and doing something extraordinary is very expensive so they don't
could they,?.... without a doubt ! but it has to make financial sense before they will....
our gasoline prices are over the $5.00 mark here again.... and there really isn't a good reason for it except for corporate greed.
not that the average consumer can do anything about it.... if you want to use the car you have to feed it........ buy an electric car instead and then pay through the nose from that day forward...... 5 years down the road if your car survives the hazards of driving ... then you need to buy new batteries for more money than you would have spent on gasoline..... it just doesn't make sense to me, my pockets are not that deep !
Bob....