ASecretNinja
ATGATT Squid Killer

Name: Chad

Motorcycle(s): '06 CBR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_marr View Post
For what it's worth, here is a quote form
http://www.tpub.com/content/doe/h101...1015v1_115.htm

"Factors Affecting General Corrosion Rate: Like most other chemical reactions, corrosion rates increase as temperature increases. Temperature and pressure of the medium govern the solubilities of the corrosive species in the fluid, such as oxygen (O ), carbon dioxide (CO ), chlorides, and hydroxides. A rule of thumb is that the reaction rate doubles with a 20F to 50F temperature rise. This linear increase with temperature does not continue indefinitely due, in part, to a change in the oxide film."
Neat. And how many people do you know who's garage is 20 degrees? And if so, for how many months is it going to be that cold? I know it's cold in Canada, but I'd imagine you guys know how to insulate as good as anyone. I'd be more than willing to bet the vast majority of garages are closer to 50 degrees, rendering this article less than relevant given that the linear increase with temperature does not continue indefinitely due, in part, to a change in the oxide film. My garage is hot and dry 10 months out of the year, and I live a 5 minute bicycle ride from the pacific ocean. It's humid AND warm 10 months out of the year in southern california. Never had issues with corrosion. I went to university in the midwest. Cold and dry winters and some of the nastiest corrosion on vehicles i've seen.
ASecretNinja is offline   Reply With Quote