View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2018, 04:58 PM   #11
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
The halo SUCKS. No. More than that. It sucks AND blows AT THE SAME TIME.

The pointy end of the grid will be the usual suspects and produce telenovela-style drama but little interesting racing. Red Bull might do a bit better this year, but expect Lewis to pretty much run away with it. Vettel will do his utmost to be the next guy to 5 championships, but the Evil Empire will prevail. Kimi will, as usual, not do as well as we all want him to.

The midfield will be where the really entertaining battles will happen. Haas looks awesome and Alonso finally has a decent car under him, thank God. And maybe Hulkenberg will FINALLY get the result he so richly deserves after all these years. I'm calling Mclaren 4th, Renault 5th and Haas 6th at the end of the season, but it's going to be REALLY close.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with STR. Honda's lack of reliability has already struck. I think the dual-rookie lineup is going to hurt them a lot. Call it a development year for that team.

Force India, having been forced to build a new chassis out of cycle for the Halo, will have trouble getting out of its own way all season. They did extraordinarily well last year, but it's not going to happen again this time.

Williams is just having a disastrous time. Stroll never really struck me as the real deal, but Sirotkin might be interesting. Turns out he's an actual race engineer (with a degree), as was Rosberg. He might be able to to a lot to help develop that car.

And then there's Alfber. Well, someone has to bring up the rear.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote