View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #1
2fidyswag
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250, Kawasaki 650

Question about painting fairing?

I have a couple questions. I have decided to remove some decals from my ninja special edition. I don't care much about keeping it stock for re-sale value because I had to get a salvage title so I plan on running this to the ground.

Top two pics are the look I'm going towards, bottom one is mine. I want the 'dipped look' of matte black on a portion of the bottom side fairings. My question is as many people know, decals on the tank are under clear coat. And trying to take a decal off with a clear coat could make the bike look worse. So my idea was, if you look closely it's got a red line above the black. I was gonna keep the black because that'll be fine but I want to cover up the thin line of red. How easily could I do this, would I need to sand that stripe and prime it? Or could I get away with taping off that area and using motorcycle paint over it since it's such a small area. Thanks in advance. If you have better options I'm open to any ideas.

I guess my question is question about painting gas tank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download (2).jpg (8.6 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg post-11-1263626777.jpg (69.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg ninja250white.jpg (90.2 KB, 17 views)

Last futzed with by 2fidyswag; May 9th, 2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: I guess my question is question about painting gas tank.
2fidyswag is offline   Reply With Quote