View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2023, 02:04 AM   #7
Norway
ninjette.org member

Name: S n 0 r r £
Location: Stjoerdal, Norway (San Diego, CA, USA, 2015-2016 , Bielefeld, Nordrhein Westfalen,Germany 2021-'22)

Motorcycle(s): TMZ 5.952 "Tula" 200, Ninja 250 -Special ed. '11, ZZR 1400 (ZX14), Honda CB 1100 F Super Bol D'or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
I am about to put in new front fork seals in my 2012 250R
the seals cost about $30.00 off Amazon and if the weather ever turns to sunshine again I will simply pull off the fairings so I can put a jack under the engine and lift up the front wheel... and then start removing the forks
...getting down to the bike is the hardest part for me for some reason i don't know why.... but the front forks have been leaking sense I got the bike and they need to be fixed. so this summer looks like a good time to do it.
it shouldn't be a big job at all once I can get to the forks but it may take a day for me just to get to the silly forks ! HAHAHA
i expect it will take me 3 days to complete it simply because I will not rush myself...i'm retired and I don't have to work hard anymore so I won't !
the manual does explain how to put the seals in and if there are special tools to do it I am sure I can rig something up that will work.
....never done forks on a 250R Ninja before so this may well be a learning experience for this old man !

Bob........
You are braver than myself, planning to do the job yourself..
Would be interesting to hear about your experiences later, if you find the time. Good luck!
Norway is offline   Reply With Quote