View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2014, 07:04 AM   #39
Rustitution
World Class Ninja

Name: Rusty

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250, 96 VFR750, 79 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
I went to the TT and spent two weeks there. I went a week early. I got to watch the practice for a week then all the big hoopla when the actual race starts. There is always someone that will lend you a bike. I spent most of the time drinking with Scottish blokes and did not see as much racing as I should have.
The best way to go to Bonneville is as a crew member. I pay my air and rent a car. But my hotel and beer and food is free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
If you are ever in the North East, New Hampshire has the Kancamagus Highway. Riding up in the clouds on a twisty road with a roaring river right along side of the highway is awesome but there are not many guard rails. We rode during late June and there was still some snow on the side of the road,
@Racer x that is some clutch advice right there. I would like to tackle the event as a participant just to say I did it. And that is good advice for the TT a nice 2 week vacation on a beautiful Scottish island.

@Ducati999 that looks like a nice beautiful road do you think it would be better even later in the year july august time?