View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2022, 01:28 PM   #61
MikeCL
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): ‘04 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Real tire mounting lube won't corrode rims. Detergents may or may not, depending on the specifics. I've used straight Dawn dish detergent with no odd results, but now I use the real thing... that brown stuff that looks like grease. It really is slippery stuff.

You need to break the bead, which isn't always easy, then you need to remove the old tire, clean up the sealing surface of the rim, possibly change the valve, mount the new tire with the colored dot in the right place for balance, and with it rotating as the arrows show, then check the mounted tire-wheel for balance and add weights as necessary.
I see the tire mounting lube seems to come in large 3 lb containers lol a bit too much for me but I see they have some in a squeeze bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrewski86 View Post
Tires are very easy. I use those Motion Pro tire spoons (2 or 3 makes for an easy job) and some rim protectors. I lube with light detergent water in a spray bottle, but others don't recommend that. I forget why, ymmv.
If you already got a battery just go with it. The li-ion is light and has a jump feature but that's just extra. 12v is the main thing and your new battery has that.
Yeah I saw some tire change kits on Amazon.. I used to have a valve stem change kit but I lost it.. but I would always change a valve stem on a tire change. As far as the battery it sucks having to wait but should be here on Wed. I also see those Li-ion have a higher CCA
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote