View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2023, 08:19 PM   #8539
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I think what Gordon is refuring to is the vibration in the water it did seem kind'a high to me as well but I don't know WHAT it should look like as I haven't done my Sync sense he re did my carbs for me....
if you know what it is supposed to look like you can tell by the fluctuations
that something is off.... so I would listen to Gordon .....
that probably means your pilot curcuits are getting all varnished up and that is why you need to run the choke alot.....
in most cases you should only need the choke to start it and then turn it off in a second or two ... not leave it on for a long time.... having to leave it on a long time tells you something is messed up !....Dirty carbs!
if it's not running like it first came off the show-room floor then something is amiss and needs to be fixed
I should know as Mine has yet to run like that.... it's always had a problem starting when it was cold and when I finally did the pilot circuit specifically
on the third try I did finally get it to run acceptably... but I could tell it still was not perfect. those carburetors are the hardest to clean I have ever encountered ! there is a picture that I went by to give me an idea of where to clean... if I can find it I will add it here...
it's a strange pilot circuit and difficult to clean!
Bob........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb cleaning01 NINJA.jpg (107.3 KB, 3 views)