View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2018, 07:24 AM   #54
michvin
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Honda CB 500x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
I'm just so down right now about it. I thought I would be just fine and like I said, I was the worst one in the class. several of the guys and girls there rode there own bikes to the class. only one or two had never been on a bike before, and the one girl who had only had hers for a couple months rode it to the class. the younger instructor was great (he was the one trying to talk me out of leaving), both of them were really, they tried to give me as much one on one as possible but they had 10 other people to tend to. 10 other people that seemed to be picking everything up like easy peasy. every step forward I took 2 steps back. all while basting in sweat from 90 degree heat and sunshine.

My aunt is in town for her high school reunion, I asked her about helping me but her flight leaves at 7 tomorrow morning. she's been riding forever.
This feeling is hard to overcome (the one, that you are holding up entire class), but we always say to our students "ride your own ride" and do our best to help everyone.
Two questions:
- your state/MSF in Ohio offers BRC2? This is the course, where you use your own bike to learn and to pass skill test in the end. In NJ this also gives you a waiver for DMV road test.
- Does your school offer IME (introductory motorcycle experience)? Its 101, where you learn the very basics of clutch control/shifting/balancing the bike and you can ask to use this very bike in the BRC class later, if you decide to retake it?
michvin is offline   Reply With Quote