View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2014, 08:19 AM   #52
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
Spacing the rotor between the pads/caliper might be important as well.

Stock rotor is only 4.5mm thick new? give or take? IDK? but regardless aftermarket larger rotors can be a good bit thicker. The thickness would obviously come into play on the clearance of the inside of the calipers right side as the bolt on side face of the rotor would remain roughly the same kind of like a zero point. the additional thickness of a larger rotor would then be seen on the other side, ya dig?

^ I think that makes sense, either way I know what I am trying to say

in short, make sure there is enough clearance on the inside right of the caliper to accommodate a thicker rotor
I understand what your saying, but i just dont think an aftermarket company would make a thicker rotor unless thay made an entire kit. A different adapter would need to be made the change the centerline for different thicknesses, which can work, but then were just getting crazy here. I would assume the rotor thickness is the same, or within .5mm. I think larger than that would need the centerline moved. Like you said for on your brembo, you want the next version .020 thicker, which is your .5mm. You have no complaints as it stands now, and i guess no one else would either, but for future ones i would make it thicker to center it that much more.

You could measure your new rotor and stock one to see.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote