View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:27 PM   #22
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeguy57 View Post
Now if I can just figure out why people who drive cars 99% of the time refer to other drivers as "cagers" when relating an incident that happened on their motorcycle.
I've only driven my car once in the last 34 days despite the heat, and through a lightning/thunder/rain storm this morning before sunrise. I feel safe calling 'em "cagers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetruevibe View Post
I feel pretty trapped/isolated with my head squeezed into my full-faced helmet with ear-plugs.
I'm extremely visually oriented, so I feel more cramped in a car than on a bike because in the car a good third to half of my FOV is blocked by dash, window pillars, doors, and roof/visors. I've got door and console against my legs and arms, seat against bottom and back, and a steering wheel in front of me. Very confining-feeling

In the helmet I have can only really see the bottom lip of the visor opening, and even that only take a few percent off the bottom of my view. My peripheral view is unobstructed. The bike itself takes up little of my physical perception.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote