View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #36
ARc
Revolver Wario

Name: Jeffrey

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250

Logo Dude
I just got back from Griffith Park, because a friend of mine said it was pretty fun. It was fun, but there are a lot of slow cars and stop signs. Here's a funny story.

I almost lowsided trying to go through a 15 mph turn @ 30mph. I had JUST gone through a curve, and was distracted by the view of the park when I saw a bunch of stones coming up at me. I tried leaning HARD , but wasn't going to make it, so straightened up and grabbed my brakes as smoothly as I could manage without jerking. The rear started skidding (first time it ever did), but luckily I wasn't going to fast so I stopped in time. The SUV that saw me almost crash gave me a funny look. I felt so lucky that this happened when I am still learning on my EX250 and not a CBR.

Good news is although the roads were pretty twisty in some sections, I didn't come close to going wide at any point and time. I think it may just be a matter of making sure the entry speed is correct, and that I be careful that I don't apex too early in the turn.

@Beast/Kuro: How do your weekdays look? I usually don't have class on Tuesdays or Thursdays. You guys up to ride ACH next week? Beast, I sent you another PM ;D