View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2015, 01:30 PM   #168
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Update on the nitrous bike.
I took the bike to Ohio in September. Good everything I mean everything was perfect. Bad112 mph????
Now 112 is a record speed but about thirty mph slower than I wanted. I took the bike to 10000 rpm and hit the button around 90 mph. The bike jumped to 110 and pulled at 112 for over half a mile on nitrous. EGT was perfect and the plugs looked perfect. The engine sounded great but was 1000 to 2000 rpm down. I still need to go on the Dyno but on the three identical runs I changed plugs, fuel pressure and timing maps. But I did not have enough time to start changing nitrous volume.

Changing the nitrous at the track is tricky and best. I think I added 10 hp and that went perfect. So now I will go on the dyno and add nitrous volume to the setup.
Next race in Ohio is May 2.
For the 2015 season I am building. Brand new engine. 249cc balanced crank Carillo rods and JE pistons. The head will be stock with two intake cams and the only other upgrade to the engie is the Brnett clutch. Simple as I can make it.
I will see how much power I can get out of the 265cc engie I have now. And since I will not be using it to race. I want to push the 70 hp barrier. I will get so videos of that haha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.2 KB, 6 views)

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.