choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
words
Yeah sorry, I should have put a limit into that statement. I did mean in terms of FTP, which TBH, is more what I care about. I assume Al isn't one of those crazy select few track riders who are able to spin 200+ rpm, so for the purposes of his uses, my statement is still sufficient, IMHO. For an athlete who is given time to acclimate, their power will be the same regardless of their frame orientation.

I haven't the faintest what a knee extensor is (googled, and frankly, didn't care enough to read past the mumbo jumbo), so I'll just have to believe you on that one. But... I will say some aero recumbent bikes are able to hit massive speeds since they have such low drag. The sounds they make are phenomenal... carbon tub chassis, stiff everything, the whole vehicle thrums, like a tight set of ZIPP's, except louder.

Besides professionals or completely dedicated bike-whores, I've never seen anyone out and about who legitimately could sustain 200+ rpm for any length of time. I work on my high cadence efforts and I'm only smooth up to about 120 rpm when I'm in season. I can do 130 rpm for short bursts on descents, but it's rough and there's no way I could sustain that. My typical average over ride is 90-95 rpm.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote