View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2022, 12:42 AM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thanks Alex ! that is how I thought it should work....
your right I did not use the front brake at all because I wanted it to slide a long way if it wanted to..... normally I apply a small amount of front brake when I stop enough to get the forks to compress a bit
so Yah I suppose my test was borked from the get go ! I could hear the rear wheel chirp though as it skid for just a short amount of time then it didn't
which meant it was turning.... it is very possible that both brakes need to be applied to make it function properly though ! they are all hooked together as a unit by looking at the hydraulic lines !
I'll do the same test again but this time use both brakes but apply more back brake to see if it modulates like it should.....
problem is locking up the bike on the pavement makes me nervous as hell !
i should be able to do the same on a dirt road without much speed and brake loose easier....
what I did discover today was the way I did it was a recipe for disaster !
i used only the rear brake and it's possible that using it like that leaves you with no stopping power at all.... you have to use both brakes not just one.
and I'll admit I don't always do that.....especially on dirt roads !
I may well NEED to have a disable switch for when I ride on dirt roads ! or I'll have no brakes at all.... hummmm
I've already got the mechanic's notes on how to hook up a disable switch.
but I want to know exactly what I'm doing before I dive into that ! LOL
Brakes are like condoms "better to have them and not need then than Need them and not have them !"
LOL

Bob........