View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2022, 08:27 PM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

OK who pissed you off Danno ? ME ?
the information you told me was totally wrong... the ABS system on the RX4 is totally independent ...meaning the rear works without the front and it is not dependant on it..... which is good to know ! and here I thought you were never wrong LOL..... But ...no biggy at all.
No doubt good braking procedure should be practiced all the time !
but I simply don't do that ..... i pick a time and place to practice braking
the rest of the time I just ride.... I do use my front brake.... it's not like I don't!
i just don't always use it.... on the Ninja I have been practicing trail braking
and that has indeed improved the cornering of the bike ...and I thought it couldn't get any better than that little bike, but it can get better !
the Guy at CSC called me today in response to my email and he and I had a long talk about the ABS system on the RX4
and it sounds like it's working as it was designed..... the problem is that when it modulates it doesn't modulate with as much pressure as you put into
getting it to brake loose..... by design.
Now to me I would think that the modulation should be very close to the same pressure not less but that is how they made it....
I wrote him another email a bit ago asking if there was any way to adjust that pressure once modulation begins like maybe add a washer under the spring or adjust a valve or something.... but I am willing to bet he doesn't know of any mods to the ABS on the RX4 ....
Sorry if I pissed you off Danno... i didn't mean to, but be that as it may...
you know me I am certainly not perfect, and I apologize !
Bob.......