View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:09 AM   #104
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Brian, my primary complaint (yes I have complained about it) is the throttle body. I don't think any sane person would not have complained about it. Most of those who installed it had to install it upside down to make it work at all. The only permanent changes I made to the TB was to add a cable bracket - same as you - so I could install it right side up. The only difference is that I added the proper diameter pulley for the bike that supports both cables. That part works and works far better than anything anybody else has. I still have the option of installing with the plastic firetrap injector housings, but I wont for obvious reasons.

As far as the fuel tap and regulator - that's mostly been other people complaining there. Matt himself is the one that said the fuel tap was dangerous and might break off - not me. Mine looks just fine. I have also said several times that the regulator doesn't need to be redone that not having barbs isn't a showstopper.

Nevertheless, its not wrong to complain when something isn't right with a product you buy. The kit was advertised as "PLUG AND PLAY" with the exception of welding the O2 sensor bungs. Can you honestly say the kit was plug and play? Did you just bolt yours on and ride away? Or were you one of the guys that rode off and got stranded and had to get a truck to haul you back home?. Matt has been using US to field test his product - something you are supposed to do BEFORE you sell it. Yes, he has been improving it at our expense.

As far as the CAL files, I have a bike with everything stock. I certainly understand that custom bikes need custom configurations, but a stock bike CAL file should be an off the shelf item. Do people in the UK have to send Kawasaki log files for their FI Ninjas?

In any case, Matt has said my warranty is voided - meaning no file support from him. This goes to my earlier statements (possibly on another thread) that the megasquirt is a better choice for a controller because its open source, open architecture and there multiple sources for help. With the ecotrons ECU, Matt is the only one in the world that can fix it - which means using it is no longer a viable option for me.

As far as the warranty, there isn't anything spelled out on his website as to what the terms are only that it goes for one year. If ecotrons was a legitimate company, I would have recourse, but since its a phantom Internet company, I have only the recourse that Matt says I have. Yes, I knew it was a phantom Internet company operating out of a UPS store mailbox before I bought the kit, but I decided to take a chance on Matt. Now that he has singled me out like this, its clear that I made a mistake trusting him.

I seriously doubt that Matt actually has a new TB with a CNC'ed fuel rail. I haven't seen any pictures as promised. But if he does, I will be happy for those that never installed their kits who haven't made modifications to the TB who allegedly will be getting replacements.

As far as my attitude goes, Matt shafted me. I've got a right to be pissed off.