View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM   #105
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Most of those who installed it had to install it upside down to make it work at all. The only permanent changes I made to the TB was to add a cable bracket - same as you - so I could install it right side up.
To be fair, I did ask Matt about my cable bracket mount point before making that permanent change. I get it. Upside down wasnt satisfactory for you and it wasnt for me either but at that point, it was our choice to mess with it and change it.
Quote:
As far as the fuel tap and regulator - that's mostly been other people complaining there.
This was never the issue and has nothing to do with your warranty issue w/ Matt or the company.

Quote:
Nevertheless, its not wrong to complain when something isn't right with a product you buy.
No its not wrong, but with all those issues, why didnt you just return it straight out? Why did you let it get to this point? You knew what was wrong the second you saw it, you said it yourself.

Sure we're testers, nobody else that's installed the kit has attempted what both of us did, which is install it with injectors on top. We are the only ones that "tested" the kit differently than it was originally designed for. For the record, I did get stranded, but that was a simple CAL fix and I didnt have the MAP sensor issue anymore.

Quote:
Do people in the UK have to send Kawasaki log files for their FI Ninjas?
The original CAL file is in your installation CD and was also loaded into the ECU. I had that but it wouldnt work with mine because of the injector on top configuration.

Quote:
As far as my attitude goes, Matt shafted me. I've got a right to be pissed off.
That goes two ways. From all this public display of dissatisfaction at every slight issue, I'd say he's probably not happy with you either.

This has gone too far off topic. We will reconvene after the new TB's get shipped and I swap it out.