View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:10 PM   #117
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Yes. Same Carbs. Same K&N R-0990 pod filter, or uni pod filters, but the K&N is easier since you don't have to worry about popping the filter off one carb when you install the other filter on the other carb.

I'm still debating the whole R-0990 filter idea in my mind. I want to, but I really don't want to kill my gas mileage. I also already modded my intake lid, rejetted for it, and like it, so idk why I would do more work, except to make more intake noise...
The K&N might be easier but its much bigger and heavier. Tradeoffs I guess. If you have it working the way you like it and you arent going to be working on the carbs, I say leave it.

It sure is a lot louder and personally, I feel like its imbalanced with the stock exhaust. If you open up the exhaust then opening up the intake is a good idea. Otherwise I feel like the incoming air volume/speed is more than the outgoing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
After all, I already have the original.

So do the same pods that fit the newgen carbed model also fit the pregen carbed model?
Congrats! You can ditch those carbs that have been giving you problems then.... hopefully.

Yes I think the pods fit the pregen as well.