View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2016, 08:50 AM   #85
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFY View Post
So you would much rather have a DMV for guns. Guns already have serial numbers and come with the ability to register them with their perspective makers. Hunters already take hunter safety courses that are well open to the public, don't have to be a hunter to take it. Say the least, the knowledge and ability is already out there. Sure making it more aware would probably help, but laws don't need to govern that ability. Hell if you never shot a gun or have no knowledge regarding them just ask a co-worker that hunts. They love to help and show off their tools, we do it for fun in a safe environment.
Yes, I'd much rather have a DMV for guns. Hunter's have to take a safety course to get a hunting license. The last time I took the safety course it was more about the laws, don't shoot within x feet of a road, don't shoot over a road, don't hunt at night. It assumed I was competent and knowledgeable and knew how to operate and maintain my firearm safely.

Asking a friend or co-worker is nice but what if I don't have a friend or co-worker. What if my friends and co-workers also don't know anything about firearms?

Full disclosure I own multiple firearms - rifles, shotguns, and handguns. I've been hunting since I was in elementary school.