View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:01 AM   #12
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
TBH there was so much on that trip I'd really need to make a (more) giant posting about it. But it was definitely epic, although not to rain on your parade, because I still haven't ridden big sur yet and I've lived in cali my entire life. How sad is that!
Having read what you wrote, I would do 2 things differently: 1. go in a warmer part of the year, and 2. just fly over to Italy, buy a bike there, ride to Britain, sell the bike there, fly back home.

We west coasters should ride the entire west coast. However, here is my own confession. I rode down from Vancouver on April 1, and reached San Diego around April 20, with stops at friends' places along the way. Unfortunately, it was grey, wet and somewhat cold throughout Washington and Oregon, and did not dry and warm up till northern California. The rest was pure pleasure. The expenses were minimal - fuel and food, that's it.

Yes, please do write an epic piece. I'll be the first to lap it up.
Anthony_marr is offline   Reply With Quote