View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:45 AM   #55
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
It's all good and cool Timm. I have been in exactly 0 internet arguments and don't plan to change that now. lol Gradually upping the pace requires trusting your gut, and reviewing the lap timer is done in the paddock. Agreed, those are frames of reference, although kinda vague for the budding speed freak But meh, at the core of man, machine and pavement... there is much that is vague and nearly totally reliant on instinct about riding. Overall, I am thinking we are in violent agreement here and it makes even more sense the more I think about it.

Ah man ... I didn't mean it that way, I never flex like that. I was just trying to point out, that it is very possible to do over 100 track days without going down. I set a goal of riding that many days without crashing and reached it, but it required riding with the mindset of always staying 100% in control. I did a crappy job of explaining that. My bad... There is a thread about it somewhere though, maybe I should link it here.

I approach Ant's question differently because I have ridden with him, I know where his skill level currently is, I have had dinner at his home, mostly though... he is a friend. He told me a while back that he wants me to always give it to him straight, as he doesn't get all butthurt about things. So... the straight answer is, he aint ready for the limits yet. He has some bike setup issues to work though, as well as some fundamental skills to get a handle on before going out "seeking" of the limits.

Reading between the lines, Ant is really asking, "I am getting faster and the bike is complaining. Am I going to crash if I keep doing what I am doing now? Are there any warning signs and how do I recognize them?"

A thread with the same question is on just about every bike forum I have visited. They ALL SCUCK! I was hoping this one could be different by diving in really, really deep.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote