Old August 23rd, 2019, 08:11 PM   #209
MichaelDanger
rental 250s sustain me

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): “Little Red Bull” Daytona 675

+1 for minibikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
A lot of people recommend dirt riding as that takes the traction to a very low state. You will slide the front and you will side the rear on dirt. I have done a small amount of dirt riding for this purpose and find that there are things to be learned for sure from it. I think I would do more dirt riding if I had a place to do it more often but what I really preferred was kart tracking a mini sumo. An XR100 on BT45s on a kart track is a really decent analog to the big track. The little bike flexes and squirms, the front and rear tires slide, and you can feel all of it at 35-45 mpg instead of 90. Because the little suckers have NO power you have to work on really maintaining corner speed to go fast and the brakes are so HORRIBLE you have to manage your entry to get it right. And because they weigh nothing, each movement of your body, each input is magnified. I LOVE kart track work on a mini sumo for inexpensive craft training work.
Definitely agree. I really want to learn so dirt/ asphalt skills but also struggle to find a play venue. Living in the city, dwelling property-less in an urban apartment, dirt track searches find mostly motocross tracks. Would love to find a dirt parking lot free of parkers to do some traction experiments with a grom. Attempts have been socially disenfrancising.. open to hot tips if yall have found any undiscovered playgrounds.
For now i have found a local kart track that is accepting of minibikes. It is a start, but I’m not to the broken traction threshold yet. Karters threaten my continuing participation when I suggest “dirty” corners.
MichaelDanger is offline   Reply With Quote