View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:02 PM   #21
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaland View Post
i was thinking the below style would be the cheapest production way to make these. in 2-piece sections (hugger and chain guard) which will be bolts together during assembly.

now im sure i would be able to offer it as a hole piece (fiber glassed together) but it will be a higher cost of course.

this style offers being able to be mounted on the left side by using just the chain guard's stock mounting holes.(how other side is mounted is unknown) the center is mounted to front part of the swing arm (via 1-2 holes)

as for price right now it is still undetermined. heck i wouldn't really know what to charge. i see other huggers going for anywhere from $90-$150

i'm hoping to be able to keep cost down as much as possible!

i do need a head count on 100% buyers. the most there are the quicker i can get started. the bike will be finished by wednesday next week(9/29/10)

also like i said, i can only offer 2 material types right now. aluminum or fiber glass (fiber glass being more expensive)

so please give me some numbers on buyers and what you would ideally like to pay for one.

all parts will also be available in 3 make ready styles. fresh fab with no paint/primer, fully primed, fully polished
Cheapest, yes, but I would still be dreaming of one that disguises the swingarm. Think about how ugly that Ducati 999 Ninjette's swingarm is compares to a real Ducati's beautiful, flowing single-sided swingarm.

With a few small enhancements, I think a pre-gen can look VERY modern.... just a false cowl-line seat cover from Becky at CustomSeatCreations.com, a double-bubble windscreen + reshaped headlight with body color (on the headlight and outer "bubble" of the windscreen), some sportier mirrors, DIY fender eliminator with flush and integrated signals (the tail is already set up for this; the stalky signals were a DOT reg change) and a hugger that also hides the swingarm. It would be BEAUTIFUL.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote