View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2019, 10:34 PM   #9
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Results

This year was an amazing experience and my riding has improved by leaps and bounds, which was particularly welcome after a very rough 2018 where, due to minimal riding, my skills deteriorated and I spent most of the year trying to get back to my 2017 skill level. At the beginning of the year I rode Streets at Willow with a best lap time of 1:43 and an average lap time for my best session of about 1:51; my last session of the year ran a 1:30 with a spread up to 1:32 – a vast improvement in both lap time and consistency. I credit a number of factors for this: the sheer amount of time I spent training on the bike this year, the variety of programs I attended, the right drive and focus. I tip my hat to CSS and YCRS for the incredible amount of help they gave me. Unfortunately I know my budget won’t support quite as extravagant a program next year.

I want to thank @Misti, Chook, Cobie and Adam from CSS as well as Nick from YCRS – you all helped my riding immensely this year. And thanks to you for reading this! I hope this leads to a productive discussion and is helpful to any riders considering a school.