View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2021, 11:23 AM   #3
BonelessSugar
ninjette.org member

Name: Cashby

Motorcycle(s): EX250-F x 3, TW200, NPS50

Quote:
does anyone out there have an Ultrasonic parts cleaner that they Use and do they recommend any specific type ? I know some are heated and some are not
Not the harbor freight one, too shallow and duty cycle is too low to be very useful. Heated is necessary. Check Craigslist or FBMP for cheapest good ones. Bigger is better and faster and cleaner. Except $100+ min, $300+ realistic if buying new.

Quote:
Some have fancy timers on them and some are bare basic timers...
As long as it doesn't shut itself off after 3min or something, timer type doesn't matter.

Quote:
but other than that I know nothing about them..... I was thinking of using Vinegar...in it if I got one .... but haven't thought about some of the really harsh chemicals yet.
There are solutions made specifically for ultrasonic cleaners, those work better. Not that expensive. Could substitute in pine-sol, not as good.

Quote:
I know Ducati Man has one that he uses and does so on a daily basis, so he must think it is worthwhile right ? LOL
Yes. They operate a business for cleaning carbs, the ROI makes a lot more sense. Also soda-blast. They serve different purposes.

Quote:
for you people out there that have gone to the expense and got one do you use it enough to justify the expense ?
It's cheaper, faster, and gives you the peace of mind that it was done right to pay someone else to do it if you never plan on using an entire cleaning setup more than about 10 times. Plus ultrasonic cleaning is only part of the process that's recommended here. After that, it's more about how you value your time or if you want to do it.

Quote:
does it actually clean like they say it does ?
That depends on what you mean by "like they say it does ?". It's not going to remove chunks of gunk, but it'll surface-clean really well.

Quote:
are there some things you better not throw in there ?
Rubber gaskets or plastic bits, they'll pinhole.
BonelessSugar is offline   Reply With Quote